I know fall is here, mostly because people around me are starting to have that congested cough that often accompanies the onset of respiratory infections.
I hear it rattle in their throat and chest and while part of me wants to run the other way with my nose and mouth covered, the other part wants to stay and give them this recipe to help reduce the length of their illness.
Try this essential oil blend to ease your cold symptoms this fall.
Essential Oil Blend to Ease Cold Symptoms
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops melissa essential oil
- 3 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 6 drops clary sage essential oil
- 3 drops thyme linalool essential oil
- Blend these oils 2 ounces of sweet almond or apricot oil.
- Rub them on the chest, neck, or any areas where lymph nodes are swollen or tender. This is also great to put in a bath to help reduce fever and body aches.
For some this may irritate the skin, so reduce the drops of essential oils (especially thyme and peppermint) if this irritation occurs.
Cheers to a healthier fall!